#1 2015-04-14 19:44:33

awilcox

Hyperlink in Birt report to a sub-report

Our Birt report contains a link to a sub-report but I am having some problems configuring this nicely in Birt / Report Server and was wondering about cleaner approaches.

Option 1: Using a Drill-through hyperlink in Birt

In Report Server, both reports are imported but when I execute the master report, the link in the report doesn't render the sub-report (doesn't seem to point to a valid path). After reading a few other posts on the forum and this blog (http://blog.datenwerke.net/2013/05/call … downs.html), am I correct in thinking that ReportServer does not support the use of Birt's drill-through hyperlinks?

Option 2: Using a URI hyperlink in Birt

In the Birt report, set the URI hyperlink as follows (in this case, there is 1 parameter being sent to the sub-report, and the value is coming from the selected row in the master report):

"https://myhostname/reportserver/reportserver/reportexport?key=HQ_CustImgRtrvl2&format=pdf&p_RP_IMGID="+row["IMGID"]

This works reasonably well, but I don't want to have to hardcode the hostname and the report format in Birt like I've done above. For the format, it would be nice for the sub-report to render in the same format as the master report.

I think I could add parameters in ReportServer to send the hostname and format to the master report and then use them in the hyperlink URI as " params["myParamName"] ", but is there a better way to accomplish this?

Any tips would be appreciated!

#2 2015-04-16 20:12:46

awilcox

Re: Hyperlink in Birt report to a sub-report

As a followup, I am continuing with the Option 2 approach described above but I'm not having any luck setting the outputFormat as a report parameter:

The outputFormat is available in the ReportExecutionNotificationHook, but I don't know if it's possible to add another parameter to the report at this point.

I have been using the ParameterSetReplacementProviderHook to set other parameters for each report as they are executed (ie my locale), but I haven't found a way to retrieve the outputFormat and make use of it here.

Are there any other ways to retrieve the outputFormat value such that it could be used in the ParameterSetReplacementProviderHook? Or if not, do you have any other suggestions as to how I can do this?

Board footer