#1 2018-05-21 11:47:19

duru

Edit Schedule: error when the schedule is loading Recipients

Hello,

We have the version RS3.0.2-5855.

When we are trying edit any schedule, we get the following error when the schedule is loading the recipients:
java.lang.NullPointerException<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.testRights_simpleTarget(SecurityServiceImpl.java:414)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.testRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:333)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.checkRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:246)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.checkRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:234)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.checkRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:203)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.ext.server.usermanager.UserManagerRpcServiceImpl.getStrippedDownUsers(UserManagerRpcServiceImpl.java:159)<br>

We think that we have removed any user and the schedule is not being updated automatically and for this reason when it loads the recipients, it is showing the error.

How could we see the distribution list to re-configure this schedule?

When we have had this problem, we have reconfigured the recipients and it works well.

The problem is that in this report, we don't know the recipients. Could we see these users by SQL or any way?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
David

#2 2018-05-22 07:16:29

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Edit Schedule: error when the schedule is loading Recipients

Hi David,

"edit any schedule"
" is that in this report, we don't know the recipients"
--> Do you have the problem with ALL schedules or with schedules from a specific report ?

I tried to recreate the following:
1. create a schedule with 2 users
2. delete one of the users
3. open the "edit schedule" window. It loads and it shows only the existing user. The other user is correctly deleted.

I cannot recreate your error. Can you test again (with a simple test case ) and post some screenshots ?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2018-06-06 07:00:42

duru

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your answer. It doesn't work.

I can open the schedules excepting any schedules where I have deleted any user.

When I try edit the Schedule, Report Server open the screen and the recipients are loading but it shows the following error:
Error
The operation could not be executed. An error occurred.
java.lang.NullPointerException<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.testRights_simpleTarget(SecurityServiceImpl.java:414)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.testRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:333)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.checkRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:246)<br>    at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.SecurityServiceImpl.checkRights(SecurityServiceImpl.java:234)<br>    at

It seems that the problem is because of I have removed any user account. Could be the problem the Report Server version? RS3.0.2-5855

When I have had this problem in other schedules, I have configured it again and it Works well again. The problem is I don't know the recipients. Could I recover this information by SQL or similar?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
David

#4 2018-06-06 07:22:17

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi David,

I would recommend first to try with ReportServer 3.0.3-6002. In the release notes (https://reportserver.net/releasenotes/RS3.0.3.html) you can see that we resolved many bugs, so this would be the first step. As I told you, I tested and it worked (I tested on 3.0.3-6002). And it is very easy to upgrade: https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/upgrade-303/

Best regards,
Eduardo

#5 2018-06-25 06:41:10

duru

Hi Eduardo,

It doesn't work. I have tried update to the last version but it is showing the same error.

I suppose that as before of update it has this error... it doesn't work.

Well, I will try create the schedule again.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
David

Board footer