#1 2018-08-15 19:41:06

palacio

Setting up Development with ReportServer 3.0?

Hi all,

I try to resolve this problem,but not yet.
I use this "HOW TO" link https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/dev-30/ but at the end, I have this error.

what's wrong???

test

How can I resolve it before Run As > Web Application (GWT Super Dev Mode)???

test

How can I resolve it????

I use:
   - Version: Photon Release (4.8.0), Build id: 20180619-1200
   - RS3.0.3-6003-2018-06-26-15-44-00-reportserver-ce

Regards,

Last edited by palacio (2018-08-15 20:27:37)

#2 2018-08-16 06:56:20

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Setting up Development with ReportServer 3.0?

Hi palacio,

did you solve the problem with your first screenshot when you got your second screenshot? Or are you still getting the error in your first screenshot ?

Which java version are you using exactly ?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2018-08-16 07:35:23

palacio

eduardo wrote:

Hi palacio,

did you solve the problem with your first screenshot when you got your second screenshot? Or are you still getting the error in your first screenshot ?

Which java version are you using exactly ?

Regards,
Eduardo

Hi eduardo,

Not yet. I stil getting the problem.

I don't known what is the source of the problem.
The second screenshot appear when I do Run As > Web Application (GWT Super Dev Mode)

java version "1.8.0_171"

Regards,

#4 2018-08-16 09:19:09

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi palacio,

ok, since we cannot run a project that has errors, we will first only talk about the first screenshot.

can you please show the complete error shown in the screenshot? Right click on the error, copy it and paste it here.

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2018-08-16 09:30:45

palacio

eduardo wrote:

Hi palacio,

ok, since we cannot run a project that has errors, we will first only talk about the first screenshot.

can you please show the complete error shown in the screenshot? Right click on the error, copy it and paste it here.

Regards,
Eduardo

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.slf4j.Logger. Fix the build path then try building this project    ReportServer        Unknown    Java Problem
The type org.slf4j.Logger cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files    ThinQueryServiceImpl.java    /ReportServer/src/net/datenwerke/rs/saiku/service/saiku    line 1    Java Problem

#6 2018-08-20 10:09:11

palacio

Hi eduardo,

About my problem,
I have change RS version and eclipse version but I still have a problem with saiku repository.

Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
ReportServer 3.0.1

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.slf4j.Logger. Fix the build path then try building this project    ReportServer        Unknown    Java Problem
The type org.slf4j.Logger cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files    QueryResource.java    /ReportServer/src/net/datenwerke/rs/saiku/server/rest/resources    line 0    Java Problem

Another thing I forget, I do not find this file rs-schemaupdate.jar since I begin setting. where do I take it?

Regards,

#7 2018-08-21 07:06:36

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi palacio,

you included the sl4j-ext and sl4j-simple jars, but you did not include this one: slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar. Please try with this jar. I also read here: https://www.slf4j.org/

Note that SLF4J-enabling your library implies the addition of only a single mandatory dependency, namely slf4j-api.jar. If no binding is found on the class path, then SLF4J will default to a no-operation implementation.

so the others should be unnecessary. In my eclipse I have only these libs:
- slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
- slf4j-ext-1.7.12.jar
so try with these two.

In the tutorial you can further read:

Copy all the jars from that folder to the new project WEB-INF/lib folder except for the following jars: rs-schemaupdate.jar

So you can find the jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the downloaded files, but, as you read, you should not copy this jar, this jar is unnecessary.

Regards,
Eduardo

#8 2018-08-23 15:24:16

palacio

eduardo wrote:

Hi palacio,

you included the sl4j-ext and sl4j-simple jars, but you did not include this one: slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar. Please try with this jar. I also read here: https://www.slf4j.org/

Note that SLF4J-enabling your library implies the addition of only a single mandatory dependency, namely slf4j-api.jar. If no binding is found on the class path, then SLF4J will default to a no-operation implementation.

so the others should be unnecessary. In my eclipse I have only these libs:
- slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
- slf4j-ext-1.7.12.jar
so try with these two.

In the tutorial you can further read:

Copy all the jars from that folder to the new project WEB-INF/lib folder except for the following jars: rs-schemaupdate.jar

So you can find the jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the downloaded files, but, as you read, you should not copy this jar, this jar is unnecessary.

Regards,
Eduardo

Hi eduardo,

Thank for your assistance. All thing ok now.

cool cool

Regards,

Board footer