#1 2020-05-27 09:19:30

lumwb

Graphical Report for Dynamic List

Hi All,

Would like to ask if there are ways to generate graphical reports for Dynamic Lists in community edition of report server?

I understand that the pivot mode in enterprise edition will allow for this.

Also, is it possible to dynamically select columns to display (perhaps through parameters) for Jasper reports?

Essentially I am looking for a reporting solution with the following features:
- Allow user input parameter (for e.g. date range)
- Allow user select columns
- Generate list-style report
- Generate graphical report

Thanks all.

#2 2020-05-28 07:09:11

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Graphical Report for Dynamic List

Hi lumwb,

you can use Jasper or BIRT reports for these. Also, you can use JXLS reports, which allow you to use Excel graphics. Details of these reports in our documentation: https://reportserver.net/de/documentation/

lumwb wrote:

Also, is it possible to dynamically select columns to display (perhaps through parameters) for Jasper reports?

If you can achieve this with Jasper with helps of parameters, it would also work in ReportServer.

lumwb wrote:

Essentially I am looking for a reporting solution with the following features:
- Allow user input parameter (for e.g. date range)
- Allow user select columns
- Generate list-style report
- Generate graphical report

All of these are supported by ReportServer. Pls. check dynamic lists: here you can dynamically (ad-hoc) select columns, (many other too, including filters, computed columns, formatting options, etc) and these are displayed in the results. You can export this to PDF, Excel, etc.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2020-05-28 08:24:17

lumwb

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand that the feature for graphical reports is available under the template feature (enterprise version).

But I was wondering, for the community version what is the best option for generating dynamic graphical reports.

Regards,
lumwb

#4 2020-05-28 09:07:49

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi lumwb,

as I mentioned above: you can use Jasper or BIRT reports for these. Also, you can use JXLS reports, which allow you to use Excel graphics.

In Jasper, BIRT, JXLS you have graphics. These are available in community edition.

The templates you mention are only available in enterprise, but for jxls reports you don't need templates:

https://reportserver.net/en/pricing/ : Excel Reporting
Native reporting with Microsoft Excel via the JXLS library.

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2020-06-16 03:42:36

lumwb

Hi

Was wondering if there are any specific classes in reportserver for drawing line graphs and tables for groovy script reporting?

I read the guide and could only find tr/td-style html Markup.

Otherwise is there a way to install external groovy libraries?

Thanks!

Regards,
lumwb

Last edited by lumwb (2020-06-16 03:42:58)

#6 2020-06-17 13:35:18

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi lumwb,

you can install external .jars by either copying them to the WEB-INF/lib directory or to the external configuration directory /lib. You can use any jar library installed this way in your groovy scripts.

Regards,
Eduardo

#7 2020-06-17 13:39:39

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi lumwb,

if your intention is to write a script report, these can use javascript libraries. Pls. check of embedding an external javascript library here: https://reportserver.net/blog/2019/04/2 … parameter/

The example uses a script parameter but this can be used analogously for script reports.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer