#1 2017-11-20 16:50:55

shahidkapoor

jdbc driver url for SqlExpress, unable to connect to reportserver

Hello, I am very new to using reportserver, your help will be much appreciated. I have downloaded reportserver and trying to configure it with SqlExpress 2014 on my local machine. Below is the jdbc:driver configuration I am using in persistence.properties file

hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.SQLServer2014Dialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://1SB1234\\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=my_db_name
hibernate.connection.username=my_rs_user
hibernate.connection.password=my_rs_password

After updating as above, I get the below error when I load the reportserver on my browser using http://localhost/reportserver url

null
405 Method Not Allowed <!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/8.0.46 - Error report</title><style type="text/css">H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}.line {height: 1px; background-color: #525D76; border: none;}</style> </head><body>
HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method POST is not supported by this URL
<div class="line"></div><p>type Status report</p><p>message <u>HTTP method POST is not supported by this URL</u></p><p>description <u>The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource.</u></p><hr class="line">
Apache Tomcat/8.0.46
</body></html>

I downloaded and copied 'sqljdbc42.jar' file to 'reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-8\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib' location

Please help me what should the jdbc configuration look like for sql server express edition

#2 2017-11-20 18:58:49

shahidkapoor

Re: jdbc driver url for SqlExpress, unable to connect to reportserver

Forgot to mention that this is what I am seeing on the browser when I try to access http://localhost/reportserver.
What could be the reason that it is not finding this class below mentioned

### DB Config ###
hibernate.dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect (OK)
hibernate.connection.driver_class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver  (Class Not Found)

#3 2017-11-21 10:44:25

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi shahidkapoor,

please try with:
hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.SQLServer2008Dialect
or
hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.SQLServer2012Dialect

There is no SQLServer2014Dialect in reportserver. That's why the driver is not being found.

These dialects can also be used with newer SQLServer versions. Please let me know if this is was the problem.

Regards,
Eduardo

#4 2017-11-21 19:36:28

shahidkapoor

Thanks Eduardo for your response. The above fix does not solve the problem and i still get the same error. I tried using both 2008 and 2012 dialect. I am wondering if this is the correct location to copy the driver file - C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-8\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib\sqljdbc42.jar

I also have created the driver directory at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC DRIVER 6.0 for SQL Server" location where i have copied the downloaded files from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=11774

Is there any place i am missing where the driver needs to sit because of which its not finding the required driver? Please suggest

"...
ReportServer encountered an error while validating its environment. Please check the server log files for additional information.

_____                       _    _____                            ______       _                       _         
|  __ \                     | |  / ____|                          |  ____|     | |                     (_)         
| |__) |___ _ __   ___  _ __| |_| (___   ___ _ ____   _____ _ __  | |__   _ __ | |_ ___ _ __ _ __  _ __ _ ___  ___
|  _  // _ \ '_ \ / _ \| '__| __|\___ \ / _ \ '__\ \ / / _ \ '__| |  __| | '_ \| __/ _ \ '__| '_ \| '__| / __|/ _ \
| | \ \  __/ |_) | (_) | |  | |_ ____) |  __/ |   \ V /  __/ |    | |____| | | | ||  __/ |  | |_) | |  | \__ \  __/
|_|  \_\___| .__/ \___/|_|   \__|_____/ \___|_|    \_/ \___|_|    |______|_| |_|\__\___|_|  | .__/|_|  |_|___/\___|
            | |                                                                              | |                   
            |_|                                                                              |_|                   

Version: RS3.0.2-5855 2016-05-29-17-55-24
Code Version: 2016-05-29-17-55-24
Java Version: Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.144-b01 (1.8)
VM Args: -Dcatalina.home=C:\Bitnami\REPORT~1.2-8\APACHE~1 -Dcatalina.base=C:\Bitnami\REPORT~1.2-8\APACHE~1 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Bitnami\REPORT~1.2-8\APACHE~1\endorsed -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Bitnami\REPORT~1.2-8\APACHE~1\temp -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Bitnami\REPORT~1.2-8\APACHE~1\conf\logging.properties -Drs.configdir=C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-8/apps/reportserver/reportserver-conf -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 exit -Xms512m -Xmx1536m
rs.configdir: C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-8\apps\reportserver\reportserver-conf (OK)

### DB Config ###
hibernate.dialect: net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.SQLServer2012Dialect (OK)
hibernate.connection.driver_class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver   (Class Not Found)
hibernate.connection.url: jdbc:sqlserver://1SB1234\\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=my_db_name;
hibernate.connection.username: my_rs_user
hibernate.connection.password: my_rs_password
hibernate.default_schema:

Connection Test: Failed (No suitable driver found for jdbc:sqlserver://1SB1234\\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=my_db_name;)
..."

#5 2017-11-21 20:04:43

shahidkapoor

Eduardo, I have also setup classpath environment variable to point to the .jar driver file as given in this url - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/co … dbc-driver which is C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC DRIVER 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_4.2\enu\sqljdbc42.jar

Can you please advice from which path the reportserver is trying to find this class? Some steps to perform will be very helpful

#6 2017-11-21 20:13:38

shahidkapoor

Do I need to install any java, jdk, etc on my machine for this to work? I haven't installed anything other than the reportserver and assumed it to work just fine.
Can you please also confirm if i can really make this work with SqlExpress instance or do i need to have developer or an enterprise edition? Please advice

Last edited by shahidkapoor (2017-11-21 21:25:08)

#7 2017-11-22 07:51:45

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi shahidkapoor,

everything needed is included in your bitnami installation, so you don't have to install anything else. The path is correct: C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-8\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib\sqljdbc42.jar
Please try with this configuration:

hibernate.connection.username=my_rs_user
hibernate.connection.password=my_rs_password
hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.SQLServer2008Dialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:sqlserver://1SB1234\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=my_db_name

I noticed you have a double backslash in your jdbc url (\\). This seems to not be correct. Please first check if your jdbc url is working.

Regards,
Eduardo

#8 2017-11-22 15:37:57

shahidkapoor

Thanks Eduardo! That sequence worked. For the sqlserver name i used the below and it worked just fine

hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;instanceName=sqlexpress;databaseName=my_db_name

But i am running into a next issue, below is the error. I guess it has something to do with initial tables in database. Please advice. Also please point me to the url or location where i can find the scripts or details so i can set up tables

Connection Test: OK
Schema Version: Unknown (Invalid object name 'RS_SCHEMAINFO'.)
Schema-validation: missing table [RS_ACE]

#9 2017-11-22 23:14:08

shahidkapoor

I found the ddl scripts under C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-8\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\ddl location. I am able to load the reportserver properly now. I will get back with more questions as I progress! Thanks Eduardo for all your support.

#10 2017-11-23 08:03:07

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi shahidkapoor,

I'm glad it worked. I would recommend you upgrade to reportserver 3.0.3, since many bugs were fixed in this version. For this purpose, you have to download the 3.0.3 binaries from our homepage (ReportServer 3.0.3.-6000) and upgrade the db by executing the appropriate ddls (first deleting the old db) or just upgrade using this guide: https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/upgrade-303/
The upgrade is easy.

Happy reporting!

Regards,
Eduardo

#11 2017-11-24 15:26:50

shahidkapoor

Ok understood, I will upgrade it to 3.0.3, thanks for the info!

#12 2019-10-21 09:32:31

yamensaleh

Hello, i know this is old, but i just installed reportserver and trying to connect it to MSSQL.

I have downloaded the driver, copied it to C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.8.6009-1\apache-tomcat\lib\ didnt work, also copied it to C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.8.6009-1\apps\reportserver\reportserver-conf\lib\ also didnt work, also to C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.8.6009-1\apps\reportserver\reportserver-conf\lib\ and didnt work
I am getting missing for the Microsoft SQL Server(Driver missing)

please support

regards

#13 2019-10-21 09:38:53

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi yamensaleh,

the driver should be copied to webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib or to the external directory (in case of Bitnami C:\Bitnami\reportserverenterprise-3.0.8.6009-1\apps\reportserver\reportserver-conf\lib\  seems correct).

Did you restart your tomcat after adding the lib? What lib exactly did you add?

Regards,
Eduardo

#14 2020-01-30 18:13:12

Amanpreet

Hi , I am facing exactly the same issue.I am getting sql server(driver missing) I have added the jars in C:\Bitnami\reportserver-3.1.0.6019-0\apps\reportserver\reportserver-conf\lib\Microsoft JDBC Driver 7.4 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_7.4\enu (not working), C:\Bitnami\reportserver-3.1.0.6019-0\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib (not working), C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft JDBC Driver 7.4 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_7.4\enu (not working). Also added the classpath in the environment variable for all the locations. Jars which i have added are mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8.jar, mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre11.jar , mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre12.jar. I have restarted tomcat as well.

Looking forward to see if someone can help me on this.

Regards,
Amanpreet

#15 2020-02-10 08:39:14

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Amanpreet,

please check here: https://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic.php?id=1618
Could you please try to copy the sqljdbc41.jar driver directly into C:\Bitnami\reportserver-3.1.0.6019-0\apps\reportserver\reportserver-conf\lib\

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer