#1 2019-06-27 08:53:29

Patryx

Script - error converting object to JSON

Hi,
I need a script which returns json. I have a problem if I want to work wirh json object and then convert it to json string.
For example:

class Person { String name }
def json = groovy.json.JsonOutput.toJson([ new Person(name: 'John'), new Person(name: 'Max') ]);
return json;

After executing I get an error:

Script execution failed.
error message: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.ClassCastException: class [B cannot be cast to class [C ([B and [C are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') (java.lang.ClassCastException)
script arguments: 
file: getReportInfo.groovy (id: 263821, line 45)
line number: 45
line: def jsonp = JsonOutput.toJson([ new Person(name: 'John'), new Person(name: 'Max') ])

The same error when I use:

def groovy.json.JsonBuilder jsonBuilder = new groovy.json.JsonBuilder();

jsonBuilder.error {
			code '404'
			message 'ID not found'
	  }
	//def String json = groovy.json.JsonOutput.prettyPrint(jsonBuilder.toString());
	def String json = jsonBuilder.toString();
return json;

According to:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/526 … in-java-11
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8218540
if I understand well, it is a problem with incompatible GROOVY version to JAVA 11 (problem wth converting char[]/byte[]) and I need a newer groovy package.
How can I resolve the problem?

Last edited by Patryx (2019-06-27 08:54:19)

#2 2019-07-02 09:16:46

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Script - error converting object to JSON

Hi Patryx,

does this work when you use Oracle Java 8 ?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2019-07-02 10:22:40

Patryx

Hi Eduadro,

I don't know, but I suppose it will work, but we are not going to use Java 8, so it is not a solution for us.
I noticed that you used JSONObject package https://developer.android.com/reference … JSONObject (maybe you had such a problem too smile) so I found out how to use this library as workaround to create json and I skipped recommended JsonOutput by groovy.

Last edited by Patryx (2019-07-02 10:28:38)

#4 2019-07-02 11:50:54

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Patryx,

ok, but this would help us to understand the problem. If exactly the same code works with Oracle Java 8 but not with Java 11 it would help us to limit / understand the problem.

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2019-07-02 12:41:55

Patryx

In stackoverflow (link I pasted in first post) it's written that it works for Java 8.

#6 2019-07-02 13:17:21

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Patryx,

ok, I think the code in stackoverflow is a minimal example so we will test with this.
You mentioned you found a workaround: could you post the complete code of the workaround? It would be the best for the code in stackoverflow, so we have both versions for the same code.

Regards,
Eduardo

#7 2019-07-03 06:42:43

Patryx

Hi Eduardo,
My workaround isn't connected with groovy.json.* like JsonOutput or JsonBuilder, so I don't think you can use it in stackoverflow as working solution.
I just use org.json.JSONObject which jar I found in your libs after installation: "apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib\json-20090211.jar". I see you used it here:
JSONObject.jpg

Unfortunately it's not the same as JsonOutput (more options, easier to work with json) but it helps me a bit to create string for json in easier way than manually smile
Example:

import org.json.*;

/* Class MyError */
public class MyError {
   public int code
   public String message

public JSONObject createJsonObject() {
	  JSONObject jo = new JSONObject();
	  jo.put("code", this.code ?: JSONObject.NULL);
	  jo.put("message", this.message ?: JSONObject.NULL);
	  JSONObject mainObj = new JSONObject();
	  mainObj.put("error", jo);
	  return mainObj;	
   }
}

String jsonString = new MyError(code: 403, message: "Cannot used JSONObject! :(").createJsonObject().toString();

Last edited by Patryx (2019-07-03 06:45:23)

Board footer