#1 2019-01-28 17:27:08

aditi.raiter

Working example of a drill drown to a table from a chart

Hi

I am trying to implement a drill down report in RS using hyperlinks.

I have got drill down report to a table from a chart working in BIRT and JasperSoft viewers.But when I use Report Server, the hyperlink from a chart to another report does not work although a hyperlink from a table to another report in RS works.  I have tried  preview in html in a dashboard option  - For BIRT I get javascript void error, for Jasper the img src for the chart created is unknown.

Is there a working example with a Master and Child Report in BIRT or Jasper ( that can be hooked on to RS) to achieve this task?

Thanks!

Last edited by aditi.raiter (2019-01-28 17:29:14)

#2 2019-01-29 08:41:34

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Working example of a drill drown to a table from a chart

Hi Aditi,

am I understanding correctly that your drill down reports are working if you use normal links, but not working if you use charts?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2019-01-29 14:47:51

aditi.raiter

My reports work when I use an hyperlink to drill down from a table and not charts in RS. The drill down functionality from charts works on BIRT or Jasper IDEs, so was looking for a sample report that can be hooked onto RS.

#4 2019-01-29 15:05:17

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Aditi,

we don't have an example report, but you can create a minimal report based on the demo data delivered with reportserver, and we can check why the report doesn't work. Please post the minimal report here (use the code bbcode: https://forum.reportserver.net/help.php for posting)

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2019-02-01 18:32:25

aditi.raiter

Found a solution :  The the issue was resolved by changing the chart type to PNG. By default BIRT creates a SVG Chart type. Report Server was not able to recognize any interactivity with SVG Charts

Steps followed : Using Demo Data
1.    Created "Summary Report" with "PRODUCTLINE" and "Total_Quantity" (Bar Chart)
Report DataSource :
select     Products.productLine,
        sum(Products.quantityInStock) Total_Quantity
from     Products
Group By Products.productLine
Order By     Products.productLine

2. Create a Detailed report on Report Server (Dynamic List) with "PRODUCTLINE", "PRODUCTCODE" and "Quantity" etc with a parameter p_productline

3. On Chart interactivity in the summary report add “Hyperlink” as below.
"http://server/reportserver/reportserver/httpauthexport?id=160593&user=admin&apikey=KZ7Z1&download=false&&format=html"+"&p_p_productLine="+row["PRODUCTLINE"]

4.  Hook Summary report onto RS and run it

Thats it !

Last edited by aditi.raiter (2019-02-01 18:34:05)

Board footer