#1 2018-11-13 16:29:50

scott.dodge@nebraska.gov

Restore a Folder via Terminal - How do I do it?

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question...

How do you restore a folder structure via terminal using the "rev" command with its associated dynamic lists?

Or can it even be done?

Thanks smile

#2 2018-11-14 11:10:42

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Restore a Folder via Terminal - How do I do it?

Hi scott.dodge,

you can check the usage of the rev command here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … rtmod/#rev

Report folders have type "ReportFolder" (id:ReportFolder:123). This restores only the folder, though, not the contents. So if you rename the folder, delete it, etc, you can restore it. But not its contents. I created the feature request  ticket RS-3123 for this. It would be an interesting feature.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2018-11-14 11:12:59

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Note that you can restore all dynamic lists with the rev restore command. So you should first restore the folder, then all dynamic lists, one by one, though, if you you have their id. If not, check the table RS_REPORT_A (audit) and look for the respective ids you want to restore. With "rev list" you can see a list of all revisions for the given id. For dynamic lists, try the type "TableReport", or "TableReportVariant" (for variants) or "Report" for the generic type.

Regards,
Eduardo

#4 2018-11-15 14:51:18

scott.dodge@nebraska.gov

Hi Everyone...

Is there a document that lists the types (i.e. "ReportFolder") for the rev command?  It would be helpful in the documentation to have this list. 

Again... thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

#5 2018-11-15 15:31:45

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi scott.dodge,

you are looking for the entity list. You can find the complete entity list from sourceforge, download the api-docs for your version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dw-rs/files/src/3.0/

Look for the entities.html page in the zip file.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer