#1 2018-03-30 11:36:43

vishal.balsara

Unable to find a list of TeamSpace where this report is tagged

Hi Team,

Requesting you to please help me to get below details.

1) e.g report 1001122 (Variant) is currently assigned to 3 different TeamSpace, Instead of checking manually in individual teamSpace, how can i get a list which showcase that this report is tagged to these (name of teamspace) TeamSpaces.

#2 2018-03-30 12:06:04

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Unable to find a list of TeamSpace where this report is tagged

Hi vishal.balsara,

if you are using 3.0.3 you can use the "information" window for a variant. Check the release notes for more information: https://reportserver.net/releasenotes/RS3.0.3.html

RS-2687    New Feature    New "Information" Menu for Reports, Variants and Folders. Important information about the selected item is shown, e.g. the teamspaces where the selected report is present in.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2018-05-14 09:54:47

vishal.balsara

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the response, information was really useful.
If you can also help me with below query.

I have the ADMIN Access, where in i have created a Variant of a Report and the same Variant was assigned in one teamspace.
Now when i change the name of the Variant same is not getting updated in the Teamspace.

e.g Variant created as "Invoice Register" and assigned to teamspace called "Master Report". After few days i have Renamed the Variant as "Invoice Details Register", however when i check in Teamspace the Variant name is still reflecting as "Invoice Register".

#4 2018-05-14 10:35:40

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi vishal.balsara,

this is not currently supported. The name you see is just the "filename" of the report/variant in your teamspace. If you choose to send the report per email instead, it will also get this same filename which of course can not be changed automatically when changing the parent report. So, currently, the name you see is a filename which once assigned will not automatically change when you change the name of the parent report/variant.
As a workaround, you can write a script that renames all reports from a parent variant in your teamspaces.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer