#1 2018-05-05 08:03:23

wzhen99

Cannot send the reports via email from ReportServer

Hi there,

I manually installed the ReportServer 3.0 on Tomcat 8.5 and Tomcat 9 with Java 1.8 environment. I tried both of the enterprise version and community version on Linux and Windows. But when sending the report via email, always got the Java exception, as follows. Please advise how I can fix it. Thanks.

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 554 5.7.1 <wuzhen@xxxxx>: Relay access denied

at net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.service.scheduler.mail.MailReportAction$1.handleException(MailReportAction.java:146)
    at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMailSync(MailServiceImpl.java:243)
    at net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.service.scheduler.mail.MailReportAction.doExecute(MailReportAction.java:137)
    at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.entities.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:59)
    at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.tasks.SchedulerTask.executeAction(SchedulerTask.java:495)
    at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.tasks.SchedulerTask.executeActions(SchedulerTask.java:385)
    at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.tasks.SchedulerTask.safeCall(SchedulerTask.java:209)
    at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.tasks.SchedulerTask.call(SchedulerTask.java:101)
    at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.tasks.SchedulerTask.call(SchedulerTask.java:1)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 554 5.7.1 <wuzhen@xxxx>: Relay access denied

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1873)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1120)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:195)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
    at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMailSync(MailServiceImpl.java:233)
    ... 11 more
Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 554 5.7.1 <wuzhen@xxxx>: Relay access denied

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1771)
    ... 15 more

Last edited by wzhen99 (2018-05-05 10:05:08)

#2 2018-05-05 08:05:34

wzhen99

Re: Cannot send the reports via email from ReportServer

To be more accurate, the version I am using is 3.03.

#3 2018-05-05 09:03:21

jalbrecht
Administrator

Hi wzhen99,

can you provide the mail configuration (just anonymize the sensible Part)?
Wbr Jan

#4 2018-05-05 09:27:37

wzhen99

jalbrecht wrote:

Hi wzhen99,

can you provide the mail configuration (just anonymize the sensible Part)?
Wbr Jan

Hi Wbr Jan,

I don’t have specific configuration about the email, rather I just input the email address for the email field when creating a new user. Where can I configure the email server, port etc? And how to ?

Thanks.
Alex

#5 2018-05-05 11:47:30

jalbrecht
Administrator

Hi Alex,
pls. check https://reportserver.net/en/guides/conf … Scheduler/ . You have to set up the smtp part in the mail.cf confirm file. Attention:
- fileserver means the reportserver virtual file system. Access is via Administration/file server.
- the configuration change will not be active unless you do a restart or a config reload in the terminal Windows.
wbr Jan

Board footer