#1 2018-04-25 14:29:04

gary.knapp

Changing the text of a message when saving to TeamSpace.

I am looking to modify  the text of the message sent  when saving a file to a Team Space.  I believe  I have the correct section of scheduler.cf.  Where can I modify the  text in 'fileactionMsgSubject' or 'fileactionMsgText'? Specifically I need to add a hyperlink.

<fileaction disabled="false" html="true">
         <subject>ReportServer: ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['fileactionMsgSubject']}</subject>
         <text>${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['fileactionMsgText']}

${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelReport']} ${report.getName()}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelFilename']} ${name}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelDescription']} ${description}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelTeamspace']} ${teamspace.getName()}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelFolder']} ${folder.getName()}
      </text>
      </fileaction>

#2 2018-04-27 08:33:28

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Changing the text of a message when saving to TeamSpace.

Hi gary.knapp,

it depends if you want the text in the message subject ('fileactionMsgSubject') or in the body ('fileactionMsgText').
You can add the hyperlink for example in the body:

<fileaction disabled="false" html="true">
         <subject>ReportServer: ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['fileactionMsgSubject']}</subject>
         <text>${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['fileactionMsgText']}
         yourText
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelReport']} ${report.getName()}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelFilename']} ${name}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelDescription']} ${description}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelTeamspace']} ${teamspace.getName()}
  ${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['labelFolder']} ${folder.getName()}
      </text>
      </fileaction>

Remember to reload the configuration after editing. (terminal -> config reload) or restart reportserver.

If you want to add HTML tags you have to set html="true" (as it is) and you may have to add them with their respective html code (&gt; &lt;, etc). Just try it.

More information here:
https://reportserver.net/en/guides/conf … Scheduler/

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer