#1 2018-04-05 07:00:09

shashankgoyal3

Can we hide/Show Parameters in BIRT reports on Report Server?

Hi,

I have a cascading parameters in my BIRT report. Now I want to show my child parameter only when some particular parent value is selected.
Like In parent if I have value "Yes" & No", I need to show the 2nd Parameter when value is "Yes" in first parameter.
Both of my parameters are data source parameters.

This is available in BIRT report when we view it standalone but not on report server. Can I know how can i achieve it on Report server?

Business Case: I have more than 20 parameters and only 4-5 needs to be seen based on selected few parameters.

Regards
Shashank

Regards
Shashank

#2 2018-04-09 08:12:29

shashankgoyal3

Re: Can we hide/Show Parameters in BIRT reports on Report Server?

Will appreciate if some admin reply.. We are trying to use Reportserver with our solution but without any help form you guys we can't promote this tool to our clients.

Regards
Shashank

#3 2018-04-09 11:24:41

jalbrecht
Administrator

Hi Shashank,

my apologies for the delay. If i get you right you want to dynamically show specific parameters. That is not possible without using scripting which means it is not out of the box but requires some effort. Thus said if you would know a #maxparms for the report you could use more abstract parms that would load the required values but that involves some sql-coding to.

So i'm sorry to say that for the time we do not support the requested functionality. Thus said i do think it is an interesting functionality.

wbr jan

#4 2018-04-11 07:39:07

shashankgoyal3

Thanks for the reply. Well we sort of handled this in SQL itself. Though we faced some issue in creating it as we can't use cascading parameter from RS in CASE statement but finally we achieved what we wanted.

Regards
Shashank

Regards
Shashank

Board footer