#1 2018-01-18 20:40:35

jeffrozica

Does Reportserver work with LDAP groups?

I need to find out if Reportserver works with LDAP groups.  In other words, if we import all of our LDAP users and LDAP groups, can I use the LDAP group inside of ReportServer?  I actually did import both of our LDAP users and LDAP groups.  When I look at the LDAP groups that I imported in reportserver, I see the LDAP group names, but when I view them, I do not see the users underneath.

With that said, if I assign an LDAP group that I imported to a report, etc..  Will it know what users are in that group and allow them to log into report server using their LDAP id and password and then execute that report?

#2 2018-01-22 13:15:11

jeffrozica

Re: Does Reportserver work with LDAP groups?

Any updates on this?

#3 2018-01-22 18:49:24

jeffrozica

okay, I imported all of our LDAP users and groups into our ReportServer DEV environment using the ldapimport.groovy script.  When I look at the LDAP groups that were imported, they have no users.  I tried several times and this does not work.  Can you please help? Can someone please respond to this and let me know?

#4 2018-01-23 13:02:47

jeffrozica

Please I really need an update on this?  We need LDAP groups to work in order to implement LDAP in our environment... Thanks.

#5 2018-01-24 13:35:20

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi jeffrozica,

we are looking into this and will update this thread when we have more information.

Regards,
Eduardo

#6 2018-01-24 14:13:19

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi jeffrozica,

please check the method:
postprocessGroups()
in your script and check if your LDAP groups contain the attribute "member". If your attribute has another name in your LDAP installation, change this. You can check your LDAP attributes with "ldapsearch (http://www.openldap.org/software//man.c … ormat=html) ", where you can put the same attributes (filter, username, password) as in the script.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer