#1 2018-01-16 20:22:53

Kubaru

ReportServer + Oracle Connection

Hello!
I've just installed ReportServer and I tried to connect to my Oracle Database, but all time I have error like that: "500 Internal Server Error The call failed on the server; see server log for details Statuscode: 500 EncodedResponse: The call failed on the server; see server log for details".

In logs I can see error: "16-Jan-2018 21:19:27.404 INFO [ajp-apr-8009-exec-4] net.datenwerke.gf.service.gwtstacktrace.CatchStacktraceInterceptor.invoke Intercepted NonFatalException
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract boolean net.datenwerke.rs.adminutils.client.datasourcetester.rpc.DatasourceTesterRPCService.testConnection(net.datenwerke.rs.base.client.datasources.dto.DatabaseDatasourceDto) throws net.datenwerke.gxtdto.client.servercommunication.exceptions.ServerCallFailedException' threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/xdb/XMLType..."

Of course first I put JDBC driver to folder:WEB-INF\lib. I used many different versions: 6/8/14, but still the same error. I'm using the same configuration in SQL Developer and I can easy reach the database with any problem. What should I do and what's the problem?

#2 2018-01-17 08:10:20

jalbrecht
Administrator

Re: ReportServer + Oracle Connection

Dear Kubaru,

i have the same set up with Version RSEE 3.0.3 6002 and  this is what i did to make it work:

- These are the jdbc Files: ojdbc6.jar, orai18n.jar, xdb6.jar, xmlparserv2.jar i put in the reportserver\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib folder
- Reportserver DataSource Definition Connect String: jdbc:oracle:thin:@MyOracleServer:MyOraclePort/MyOracleSID
- SQL Developer Connect String: MyUser@//MyOracleServer:MyOraclePort/MyOracleSID

That is all i did to make it work. Pls. try again and if the problem persists get back to us.

wbr jan

#3 2018-01-20 23:22:30

Kubaru

Re: ReportServer + Oracle Connection

Hi jalbrecht, thank you for answer.
I've just put xdb6.jar into reportserver\apache-tomcat\webapps\reportserver\WEB-INF\lib and now everything works fine.

Board footer