#1 2018-01-15 12:21:51

aguiral

Dashboard : report gadget permissions

Hi,

I have a RS user wich is able to see 3 TeamSpaces A,B,C

But if user does a 'gadget add' action into his dashboard then gadget allows to choose ANY of the RS created reports (also those which are not imported into his teamspaces)

How can I tune so user/gadget is only able to run reports belonging to his teamspaces and not to whole set of general reports created into ReportServer?

Thanks

Alfredo

#2 2018-01-15 14:11:35

jalbrecht
Administrator

Re: Dashboard : report gadget permissions

Hi Alfredo,

the teamspace is only a sort of workspace that is an additional layer on top of the permission layer. Thus said, the user (when configuring a dashboard) sees all reports she/he is permitted to see ... . If you do not want the user to choose from reports other than in teamspaces A,B,C you have to restrict his access to reports other than reports contained in teamspaces A,B and C.
The Roles assigned to teamspace - members do only reflect their role / position / level of competence within the team using the teamspace and do not change any permission (the user could key in the url to the report that he is permited that is not contained in the teamspace and it would execute !).

Hope that explains it a bit.

wbr jan

#3 2018-01-16 12:38:35

aguiral

Re: Dashboard : report gadget permissions

Thank you very much Jan, I understand now ...

Board footer