#1 2017-10-25 06:39:40

ETPKetan

Tomact automatically stops and to start again I need to stop it from T

Hi,

I am getting an issue while using report server.
I have installed it on one machine and as machine starts Server suppose to be start.
Many times it happen that when ever I tried to use report server I found that tomcat is not running.
Then I can see tomcat service is stopped in services.msc but in task manager it is still running with high memory usage more than 800MB.
I need to stop it manually form task manager then only I am able to start it again.
When I tried to check in logs it showing exceptions as below:

[main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8009"]
INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 124974 ms
SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await StandardServer.await: create[localhost:8005]:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

24-Oct-2017 16:52:42.912 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-4] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [reportserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@aff3a85]) and a value of type [org.hibernate.jpa.internal.EntityManagerImpl] (value [org.hibernate.jpa.internal.EntityManagerImpl@463fc546]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
24-Oct-2017 16:52:42.919 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.stop Stopping ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8009"]
24-Oct-2017 16:52:42.988 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.destroy Destroying ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8009"]
24-Oct-2017 16:53:00.269 INFO [C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->1hge1609rloaotv47d3os|7bfbdf2e]-AdminTaskTimer] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1353)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForClassLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1341)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1206)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1167)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkIdleResources(BasicResourcePool.java:1629)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$2000(BasicResourcePool.java:44)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$CheckIdleResourcesTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:2161)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception in thread "C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->1hge1609rloaotv47d3os|7bfbdf2e]-AdminTaskTimer" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mchange/v2/resourcepool/BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkIdleResources(BasicResourcePool.java:1629)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$2000(BasicResourcePool.java:44)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$CheckIdleResourcesTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:2161)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForClassLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1343)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1206)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1167)
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1353)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForClassLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1341)
    ... 7 more

#2 2017-10-25 10:09:56

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Tomact automatically stops and to start again I need to stop it from T

Hi ETPKetan,

how did you install reportserver ? Manually? Or with bitnami? Which platform are you using and which reportserver version ? Are you using EE or community ?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2017-10-25 10:25:52

ETPKetan

I had installed report server manually as given in document. we are using 3.0.3 Beta version latest release. We are using community Edition.

#4 2017-10-25 12:21:10

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi ETPKetan,

do you have another applications in your tomcat webapps other than reportserver?

please stop tomcat, delete all logs, start again tomcat and as soon as this happens again please send us the complete logs to info at infofabrik.de

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2017-10-25 12:25:22

ETPKetan

Hi Eduardo,

I don't have another instance. I have already checked for the same.
Sending you logs on on the provided email ID.

Thanks,

#6 2017-10-25 12:47:33

ETPKetan

I have sent logs on the provided email ID.

Thanks,

#7 2017-11-01 10:50:38

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi ETPKetan,

checking your logs I noticed some things:
1) You did not delete your logs before restarting tomcat, so you sent us all the past logs too. Next time please delete the old logs and only send the section since the new restart so it is easier to identify the problem.
2) You said you are using 3.0.3 beta, but in your logs I see: Version: RS3.0.2-5855 2016-05-29-17-55-24
Please make sure you installed correctly the 3.0.3 version. (the beta is not longer available, you can install 3.0.3 from the homepage)
3) You said your did a manual installation instead of the bitnami version. But in your logs I see that you are using bitnami.

So please check if reportserver is correctly installed and then upgrade to 3.0.3. Or install 3.0.3. directly.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer