#1 2017-10-10 13:56:51

GauravKumar

Unable to view Dashboards while Importing Dashboards

Hi Team,
            I have a SUPERUSER who creates DASHBOARDS in a SEPARATE Folder inside ROOT Folder in DADGET LIBRARY . He has granted access to this SEPARATE folder to COMMON users . Now the problem is that the COMMON user is able to access the DASHBOARDS in DADGET LIBRARY but he is unable to access the DASHBOARDS while Importing DASHBOARDS, unless and until the SUPERUSER grants him permission to ROOT folder.  Just granting the COMMON user access to SEPARATE Folder doesn't seem to help him Import DASHBOARDS from DADGET LIBRARY.

Kindly resolve the issue as soon as possible.

#2 2017-10-12 11:53:28

gizem

Re: Unable to view Dashboards while Importing Dashboards

Hi Gaurav,

I tried to understand the problems. I have thus proceeded:

1. I created as superuser a separate folder "test" in the dadget library. I created dashboard "1" in test.
2. I assigned permissions r read and x execute to user "normal_user" to folder test (containing dashboard 1).
3. Normal_user logs on and imports the dashboard 1. Report dadgets within the dashboard 1 worked fine.

It seems in my test that everything worked fine, especially the inheritance of permissions on folder test to dashboard 1.

I still might missunderstand your problem! Just for the records: Which version of ReportServer do you use? I used version 3.0.3.

looking forward to hearing from you.

wdr gizem

#3 2017-10-23 13:01:19

GauravKumar

Hi Team,

I have a SUPERUSER who creates DASHBOARDS in the CMS_Support Folder inside Dashboard Root Folder in DADGET LIBRARY.
He has granted access to the CMS_Support folder only  to COMMON users .
Now the problem is that the COMMON user is able to access the DASHBOARDS in DADGET LIBRARY.
But he is unable to access the DASHBOARDS while Importing DASHBOARDS.
Now if I grant the COMMON user access rights to Dashboard Root Folder, he is able to view the DASHBOARDS while importing them
I don’t want to reveal the COMMON users the root folders . One should be able to view only the concerned folder (in our case CMS_Support) while importing Dashboards.
Kindly suggest means to resolve the issue.

#4 2017-10-24 08:23:36

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi GauravKumar,

we have been able to reproduce your issue. You are right, there seems to be a bug with the "import dashboard" dialog. I created ticket RS-2788 for this.
This will be probably corrected as a 3.0.3 patch. Until then, you can give access to the "Dashboard Root Folder", as you are doing now.

Best regards,
Eduardo

Board footer