#1 2014-01-03 13:31:47

jeanmarre

BIRT Report Initialize script launch

Hello,

I've got a question regarding the launch of initialize script from BIRT report.
It's seems to me that the script is launched only when the report is executed but not when the parameters must be set by the user ?

I have defined a function in the script but the function is declared as "not defined" during the beforeOpen script from dataset.

Am I wrong ?

Jean-Marie

#2 2014-01-07 16:48:58

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: BIRT Report Initialize script launch

Hi Jean-Marie,

parameters in ReportServer are usually handled without executing the report, until you are using the Birt-Report-Datasource wich uses the Birt-Engine to receive the parameter values.

I'm not exactly an expert in birt scripting, so I don't really understand, what you are trying to do.
Can you elaborate a litte more, or even better, provide an example?

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2014-01-08 09:34:31

jeanmarre

Hello,

My problem was to be able to pass multi value parameter to a BIRT Report. I tried several example I found on Internet and one of them required the use of a function that I defined in the initialize script.
I found a way to bypass that problem with data set filtering and your response on this post http://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic … d=368#p368 will help me a lot.

I now have a question regarding parameters handling without the use of the Birt-Report-Datasource.
I found a way to define the list of available parameters but I want to be able to display one value from the SQL Query but use another one in my report.
For example if my query return ID and Name; I want to be able to display the Name but use the ID in report.

For this purpose I'm currently using the BIRTReport Datasource but I would be nice to be able to use the ReportServer Datasource.

Thank you again for your support and responses.

Jean-Marie

#4 2014-01-08 15:18:07

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Hi,

just have the query you use in your parameter return two columns, instead of just one.
In this case one will be used as the display text and the other as parameter value.

Cheers,
Thorsten

Board footer