#1 2017-06-14 07:33:47

Alvaro

Scheduling without saving a variant

Good morning,

I have a doubt regarding RS scheduler: Is there a way to schedule a report with a specific parameters without saving any variant of it? If I try to schedule a report with parameters without a variant it uses the default report parameters instead.
I need to do this because I need some users to be able to schedule reports but I don’t want them to have writing permissions, which are needed to save variants.

Thank you and best regards,
Álvaro

#2 2017-06-14 07:38:43

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Scheduling without saving a variant

Hi Alvaro,

Only variants can be scheduled. But you don't need write permissions in order to schedule a report (variant). You need "Scheduler" permissions:
https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … anagement/

Scheduler. The generic right Scheduler controls the access to the user components of the Scheduler module. The reading right enables users to open the Scheduler module in order to edit the orders they scheduled before. The execute right enables to schedule reports.

So your users should be able to schedule reports without having writing permissions. Their variants must be previously saved though.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2017-06-16 08:22:12

Alvaro

Dear Eduardo,

Thank you for the explanation.
If I understood well, a system administrator must create a variant which users are able to schedule?
I have created a test user with access to the scheduler but it can't save variants.

Best regards,
Álvaro

#4 2017-06-16 08:26:41

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Alvaro wrote:

test user with access to the scheduler but it can't save variants

Hi Alvaro,

the system administrator should save the variants, not the test user. If I understand correctly, you are trying to save a variant with the test user. So the steps are:

1. System administrator sets all parameters, filters, etc for the required report.
2. System administrator saves the variant e.g. "myVariant"
3. Test user (with scheduler permissions) opens "myVariant"
4. Test user schedules "myVariant". Test user cannot change "myVariant", only schedule it.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,
Eduardo

#5 2017-06-16 11:29:40

Alvaro

Dear Eduardo,

Yes, that's the point of what I was asking. Thank you for the clarification.

Thanks, have a nice weekend you too smile

Álvaro

Board footer