#1 2017-05-30 12:25:32

pmace

Set default name of report saved into Teamspace

Hi,

when sending a generated report into Teamspace, a "Name" line is required, otherwise the report result will be save with an empty name into Teamspace.
Is there any way to set a default name value, like the template name as "name" of the report save into Teamspace, to avoid for example to come back to report list and copy/paste the report name ?

Thanks.

Pierre

#2 2017-05-30 14:42:23

jalbrecht
Administrator

Re: Set default name of report saved into Teamspace

Hi Pierre,

pls. check: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/user … cheduling/ go to the third paragraph:

... . Under "name" you should provide a file name for the to be created object. Via the ${}-expression language (see Appendix B.) you can provide a dynamic name that contains, for example, a timestamp of the execution ("${now} My Report").

I'm not sure if i do understand the question entirely, but the default here is ${now} - <ReportName>. You can change the default via the ${} language (see appendix B).

wbr jan

#3 2017-05-30 14:45:56

pmace

Hi jan,

thanks for your answer. Indeed i noticed that an automatic name is set when scheduling ask is configured.
What i would like is the same behaviour but when a "send to Teamspace" action is performed. For the moment, an empty field is present for name.

Br,
Pierre

#4 2017-05-31 07:44:49

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Pierre,

this is currently not possible. The name is always "", as you observed.
We will check if we can provide a similar behavior as in the scheduling task. I created ticket RS-2661 for this.

Best regards,
Eduardo

#5 2017-05-31 07:45:43

pmace

Ok, thanks for it.

Board footer