#1 2017-05-29 07:32:04

Andrew

CSV file as datasourse

Hello!

I am trying to create a csv datasource which uses a URL Connector. But whenever i do i get a mistake. Hope you can help me. Here the list of what I did:

0) Made a csv file that looks more or less like this:
column_name, default_alias, description
a,b,c
d,e,f
g,h,i

1) Came to the file system and downloaded a csv file

2) Then came to the datasource Root, chose create a csv list, URL connector. In the empty field "URL:" i put the link to the downloaded csv file, which i took from the field "Download file"  in the File System.

3) Then went to the report. Created a dynamic list. Chose the datasource that i made.

4) Wrote in the quary wrapper :
SELECT  column_name, default_alias, description
FROM ($!{TMP_TABLENAME})

5) Then double clicked on the dynamic list.

And this is the moment when the еrror appears. When i try to choose the column i see an error. It says: "The report can not be executed: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1". 

What is my mistake?

PS. My current version of report server is RS3.0.2-5855

Last edited by Andrew (2017-05-29 13:14:23)

#2 2017-05-29 12:44:05

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: CSV file as datasourse

Hi Andrew,

this seems to be a bug in reportserver. I will take a look and will keep you informed.

Best regards,
Eduardo

#3 2017-05-31 10:24:54

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Andrew,

you have to make the folder where you have your .csv file web-accessible: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … le-System/
"...folders can be configured for web access. This means that objects in these folders (including subfolders) can be accessed by URL without prior authentication (i.e., permissions are not checked for accessing these objects)."

This is due to the fact that your URL opens in a new session, since your current sessionid is not passed through the url. Thus, reportserver needs authentication in this case. In order to disable the need of authentication in this case, the folder of your .csv file should be web-accessible.

Cheers,
Eduardo

#4 2017-06-02 08:14:17

Andrew

Hello Eduardo!

Thanks to you it's all working now! I am really grateful for your help!

Regards,
Andrew

Board footer