#1 2017-03-28 11:55:49

urikjaro

email sending only error reports

Hi,

I have very confusing problem. I have tried to configure the email, so that I can send the reports via email. I have created outlook.com email account and tried to apply its configuration along with username/passwd and it did not work, even though I tried every possible combination in the settings (I restarted tomcat every time to apply the settings). There were always some errors (different each time) in the logs. For example:
>>>
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Can't send command to SMTP host;
  nested exception is:
        java.net.SocketException: Connection closed by remote host
<<<
or
>>>
28-Mar-2017 11:52:59.743 WARNING [pool-10-thread-1] net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl$1.run Mail could not be send
net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.exceptions.MailerRuntimeException: Mail could not be send
        at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl$MailSupervisorImpl.handleException(MailServiceImpl.java:58)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMailSync(MailServiceImpl.java:243)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl$1.run(MailServiceImpl.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.1.0 Use your own address, please.
;
<<<

I get error every time I try to send the reports manually.

But the most curious thing is, that when I scheduled some job, I received email saying "The execution of a scheduled report has failed." together with the error from log.. And after that a mail saying "A scheduled report was executed and stored in your TeamSpace" but without any attachment..

So I wanted to ask, is it possible to send emails without any external email? Or using Postfix mailserver? I just need to send emails out, not to receive them..

I tried the Documentation, but there is only configuration for external mail and I did not found any similar problem on Forum.

Thank you for any help

Jaroslav Urik

#2 2017-03-29 11:24:14

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: email sending only error reports

Hi Jaroslav,

are you following the steps here? https://reportserver.net/en/guides/conf … Scheduler/
Are you using "your" email address as a sender? I.e. the email address associated with the account entered.
Are you reloading the configuration? To reload the configuration: CTRL+ALT+T to open the terminal, then type "config reload".

Cheers,
Eduardo

Board footer