#1 2017-03-23 14:55:08

urikjaro

root : root cannot login after install

Hi,
I have just installed ReportServer on my server (Ubuntu/postgres) and I cannot login with the initial user root, passwd root.

I looked into log file, and the DB is set-up correctly, everything "OK". When I try to log in on the login screen, nothing happens.. It seems like it accepts my login, but just stays there. When I try "wrong" password, it tells me, that the credentials are wrong..

I tried to enable "net.datenwerke.rs.authenticator.service.pam.EveryoneIsRootPAM", which worked - I got after the login screen. But when I tried to create user or change the root password in this "mode", the users were created >> AND the password for root CHANGED<< , but after I changed back to UserPasswordPAMAuthoritative I still can not loggin, same as before. Now the password for root "reacts" to the new one, the old "root" password is "wrong" but I am still stuck at the login screen.

Thanks for any help

Jaroslav Urik

#2 2017-03-23 15:06:33

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: root : root cannot login after install

Hi Jaroslav,

how did you install reportserver? with the bitnami installer or per hand?

Cheers,
Eduardo

#3 2017-03-26 18:17:41

urikjaro

Hi,
I did it all by hand, should I try the installer? I am afraid it can affect other applications running on server.
Thanks for reply
Jaroslav Urik

#4 2017-03-27 09:44:19

urikjaro

Hi all,

I would like to apologize, I feel like a total noob! The problem is the browser ( Chrome - 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit)) , which should have been the first thing to check! When I try the Opera browser, everything works as it should.

Sorry to bother and hope this at least helps someone big_smile

Have a nice day..

Jaroslav

#5 2017-03-27 10:03:09

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Jaroslav,

but what was the problem with the browser? Chrome should work too.
It may be just necessary to clear the browser's cache, which would explain that in Opera everything is working. Was this a browser cache issue ?

Cheers,
Eduardo

#6 2017-03-28 11:35:17

urikjaro

Hi Eduardo,
Yes, it seems you are right, it looks like browser cache issue. It is working OK now in Chrome.
Thanks

Jaroslav

Board footer