#1 2016-06-28 05:14:54

edt

Can I use ReportServer

Hi Arno and group
I've looked a lot at ReportServer and it might be what I'm looking for. Can you confirm please.  I want
. to provide my customers with a reporting engine including BIRT
. a reporting engine I can install on a dedicated VM .  Image to include OS and all required software although I can build this
. scheduling and email of reports
. different permissions for different groups (of users) in the same organisation
. different organisations . looks like I need the paid version to theme the site for each of my customers
. remote data sources including Postgres, SOAP XML and restful web services
. import existing BIRT rptdesign files including support for BIRT extensions
Thanks

P.S I'd also,like to be able to apply a flexible " license based access to each report where an unlicensed report may not be visible or may run in a limited mode.  the presence of a license for the report would provide all the report functionality.  This may be a report question, e.g. BIRT but thought it worth asking

thanks again

Last edited by edt (2016-06-28 05:19:40)

#2 2016-06-28 11:48:07

Thomas Davies
datenwerke

Re: Can I use ReportServer

Hello and welcome to the ReportServer forum.

All the things you mentioned should work nicely with ReportServer.

To limit access to reports based on a users license level you could probably simply use ReportServer permissions. However to not just hide certain reports but have them show only partial content, you would have to build the reports that way. Another option might be to use ReportServer scripting (https://reportserver.net/en/guides/script/main/).

Cheers,
Thomas

Board footer