#1 2015-01-30 09:21:01

cedispin

User Management - OU - Rights

Hi

I created a new OU in my User Management tree - "System Admin" and I created a new user "Admin" in User Root.

I would like the user "Admin" has a rights rwx in OU - "System Admin", that user couldn't delete this OU, and rwxd into this OU - "System Admin", this user could delete object into this OU.

I did my settings in Permissions Management that OU - "System Admin" and it wasn't work very well.

Example the my settings:

I added "Admin"  in Access Control Entries with the rights - (rwx--) Access type: Allow - inheritance: Applies here + children

I login with Admin and I clicked with the right-botton on the "System Admin" and then I clicked Insert, but the three options showed disable, but I can move others users inside this folder.

Could I not create the user in this OU using the Insert - User?

I added "Admin"  in Access Control Entries with the rights - (---d-) Access type: Allow - inheritance: inherited

I login with Admin and I clicked with the right-botton on the "System Admin" and then I clicked Insert and the three options showed enable, but the delete options was enable too. I would like that "Admin" couldn't delete this OU.

Would I like know if this settings is correct? or Are there other set that I could do?

Cadu

#2 2015-01-30 10:08:44

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: User Management - OU - Rights

Hi Cadu,

it seems you stumbled across a bug here. For some reason the UI checks whether the user has the "delete" permission in order
to decide whether or not to display the menu entries. I've raised a bug ticket.

Arno

#3 2015-01-30 14:16:43

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi,

just to follow up on this. The problem is solved and the fix will be shipped with the next public release. For support customers that require a hotfix, please raise a ticket in the support portal.

Arno

#4 2015-01-31 10:30:39

cedispin

Arno

Thank you!

Are there a forecast to next public release?

I think that I don't have access in support portal. What is the support portal url?

Regards

Cadu

#5 2015-01-31 11:57:19

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Cadu,

have a look at http://www.reportserver.net/en/shop/ for an overview of our support package.

As for the next public release, I can't really say anything yet.

Regards
Arno

Board footer