#26 2020-09-30 12:19:10

DISSTeam

Re: Error - PDF with Crystal Report?

ReportServer:~$ sudo apk add --no-cache msttcorefonts-installer && update-ms-fonts && fc-cache -f && ln -s /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/jre/lib/fonts
sudo: apk: command not found

On the Bitnami Linux package? Enterprise.

Last edited by DISSTeam (2020-09-30 12:19:27)

#27 2020-09-30 12:42:49

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

you can try by installing the Bitnami Linux package: https://bitnami.com/stack/reportserver- … ller#linux

Then, execute the steps I mentioned above.

If you get the same error, try to install the fonts in your linux environment with an analogous command:
sudo apk add --no-cache msttcorefonts-installer && update-ms-fonts && fc-cache -f && ln -s /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/jre/lib/fonts

of course, depending on your linux environment, you may have to enter a different command for installing this.
The idea is to install the ms core fonts

In the meanwhile, we will test this in a linux environment as well. But to make sure your environment can be corrected like this, I would recommend to test the Bitnami Linux package.

Regards,
Eduardo

#28 2020-09-30 12:45:32

DISSTeam

I already use this package on Azure. SO this is the package I already have running.

I have installed the fonts but need to work out the last bit...
ln -s /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/jre/lib/fonts

as '/usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/jre/lib/fonts' doesn't exist. But I am sure it will somewhere.

To add to the package that Bitnami produce - I had to change my sources.list to include
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian buster main contrib

Then I could run
sudo apt update && sudo apt install ttf-mscorefonts-installer

#29 2020-09-30 12:47:45

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

sounds good smile
pls let us know if this works for your environment.

Regards,
Eduardo

#30 2020-09-30 12:51:23

DISSTeam

where would I find /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/jre/lib/fonts in the bitnami set up please?

#31 2020-09-30 13:21:57

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

I asked the Bitnami team and I will update here when I have more information.

Regards,
Eduardo

#32 2020-09-30 13:30:11

DISSTeam

eduardo wrote:

Hi DISSTeam,

I asked the Bitnami team and I will update here when I have more information.

Regards,
Eduardo

Thanks

We really cannot proceed with purchasing this until we know this issue can be resolved. I appreciate all your help. We are nearly at the end of our trial.

Warm regards,

#33 2020-09-30 13:31:39

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

if you need a trial extension, pls just let us know and we will send you an extended trial license.

Regards,
Eduardo

#34 2020-10-01 08:10:10

DISSTeam

I'd welcome that please.
If I can get PDF preview and export working and the ability to select database parameters from a comma-separated user variable - then we will be in a better position.

#35 2020-10-01 14:20:13

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

here the answer from the Bitnami Team:

The 'apk' command is only available in Alpine and the Bitnami ReportServer Enterprise is based on Debian. The steps are similar, in this case the Microsoft TrueType fonts are in a different Debian repository.

echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update && apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
ln -s /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts /opt/bitnami/java/lib/fonts

Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Regards,
Eduardo

#36 2020-10-01 15:04:00

DISSTeam

This fixed it.

So therefore I would recommend either Bitnami build this in to their linux build so it's done - or it's added to a technical guide somewhere.

#37 2020-10-01 15:20:34

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

thanks for letting us know. I will forward this to the Bitnami team.

Regards,
Eduardo

#38 2020-10-01 15:25:04

eduardo
Administrator
Website

DISSTeam wrote:

I'd welcome that please.

Hi DISSTeam,

I just wrote you an email. Pls send me your server-id for sending you a trial extension.

Regards,
Eduardo

#39 2020-10-02 08:18:00

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi DISSTeam,

I updated the Crystal documentation to include this information here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … l-Reports/

Regards,
Eduardo

#40 2023-02-13 17:15:06

mkdev

Hi, I am having the same type of issue getting Crystal Reports to work. i have tried installing on a fresh copy of debian 11, as well as using the bitnami ova deployment. the issue is that java 11 (using openjdk11) doesnt install allow local java font installation, it uses the system fonts. so with ttf-mscorefonts-installer and fontconfig installed, the fonts are available to java, as determined by calling GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getAvailableFontFamilyNames()

running a completely blank crystal report works fine, but if i have a report with just static arial text and no printer or page size defined, this report produces the following output:

Error: An error occurred during report execution.
The report could not be executed: NullPointerException:
To get help please contact an administrator.
Details
Report could not be executed. {"error":"NullPointerException: ","report_id":6338,"report_name":"arial","base_report_id":6338,"base_report_name":"arial","executing_user_id":537,"report_output_format":"PDF","report_uuid":"ad2a8d2d-f4fb-4201-bb88-044be1e3bf20"} net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.exceptions.ReportExecutorException: The report could not be executed: NullPointerException: at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.ReportExecutorServiceImpl.execute(ReportExecutorServiceImpl.java:280) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.ReportExecutorServiceImpl.execute(ReportExecutorServiceImpl.java:161) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet.executeReport(ReportExportServlet.java:563) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet.doExportReport(ReportExportServlet.java:444) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet.exportReport(ReportExportServlet.java:367) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet.exportReportViaSession(ReportExportServlet.java:358) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet.doGet(ReportExportServlet.java:162) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet$$EnhancerByGuice$$1761318323.GUICE$TRAMPOLINE() at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:74) at com.google.inject.persist.jpa.JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.invoke(JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.java:64) at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75) at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.aop.SecurityCheckInterceptor.invoke(SecurityCheckInterceptor.java:112) at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75) at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.invoke(InterceptorStackCallback.java:55) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet$$EnhancerByGuice$$1761318323.doGet() at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:670) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:779) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet$$EnhancerByGuice$$1761318323.GUICE$TRAMPOLINE() at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:74) at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.aop.SecurityCheckInterceptor.invoke(SecurityCheckInterceptor.java:112) at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75) at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.invoke(InterceptorStackCallback.java:55) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.server.reportexport.ReportExportServlet$$EnhancerByGuice$$1761318323.service() at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doServiceImpl(ServletDefinition.java:290) at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doService(ServletDefinition.java:280) at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.service(ServletDefinition.java:184) at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedServletPipeline.service(ManagedServletPipeline.java:89) at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:85) at com.google.inject.persist.PersistFilter.doFilter(PersistFilter.java:94) at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:82) at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:121) at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:133) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:177) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:97) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:541) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:135) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:687) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:78) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:360) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.service(AjpProcessor.java:433) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:65) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:891) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1784) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1191) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:659) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) Caused by: net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.exceptions.ReportExecutorRuntimeException: net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.exceptions.ReportExecutorException: The report could not be executed: null at net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.service.crystal.reportengine.CrystalReportEngine.executeReport(CrystalReportEngine.java:142) at net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.service.crystal.reportengine.CrystalReportEngine.doExecute(CrystalReportEngine.java:88) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.engine.ReportEngine.execute(ReportEngine.java:146) at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.ReportExecutorServiceImpl.execute(ReportExecutorServiceImpl.java:246) ... 50 more Caused by: net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.exceptions.ReportExecutorException: The report could not be executed: null at net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.service.crystal.reportengine.output.generator.CrystalPDFOutputGenerator.exportReport(CrystalPDFOutputGenerator.java:59) at net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.service.crystal.reportengine.CrystalReportEngine.executeReport(CrystalReportEngine.java:131) ... 53 more Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) at net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.service.crystal.reportengine.output.generator.CrystalPDFOutputGenerator.exportReport(CrystalPDFOutputGenerator.java:52) ... 54 more Caused by: com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: java.lang.NullPointerException---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.if(SourceFile:238) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:148) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:129) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:112) ... 59 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.tables.OS2Table.(SourceFile:108) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.if(SourceFile:116) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.a(SourceFile:104) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.r.if(SourceFile:594) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.r.a(SourceFile:424) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.PdfDocumentManager.a(SourceFile:337) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:1584) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:1492) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:780) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:729) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:683) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:2114) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.if(SourceFile:1829) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.int(SourceFile:1821) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.a(SourceFile:455) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.a(SourceFile:304) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.b.a(SourceFile:217) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.PdfAdvancedDocumentModeller.a(SourceFile:177) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.page.pdf.AdobePDFExporter.a(SourceFile:252) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.page.pdf.AdobePDFExporter.processFormattedContent(SourceFile:200) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.a.a(SourceFile:105) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.a.a(SourceFile:253) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.if(SourceFile:647) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.a(SourceFile:597) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.a(SourceFile:641) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.int(SourceFile:677) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(SourceFile:1944) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:661) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:167) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:529) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:526) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(SourceFile:525) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(SourceFile:424) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(SourceFile:352) at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(SourceFile:54) at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.execute(SourceFile:67) at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent$a.execute(SourceFile:716) at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.CommunicationChannel.a(SourceFile:125) at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:537) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.dt.a(SourceFile:186) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:1558) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:337) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.if(SourceFile:224) ... 62 more

is anyone aware of how to correct this?

Thanks,

Mike

#41 2023-02-14 08:37:46

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Mike,

mkdev wrote:

the issue is that java 11 (using openjdk11) doesnt install allow local java font installation

1. what exactly do you mean with this? I don't quite get it.
2. can you pls post the complete output of GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getAvailableFontFamilyNames()
3. where exactly do you see this? "the fonts are available to java, as determined by calling". Where exactly do you see this?
4. can you pls post your test report? "just static arial text and no printer or page size defined"
5. can you pls post your general info (administration -> system panel -> general info). You can use http://imgbb.com if you need to post screenshots

Regards,
Eduardo

#42 2023-02-14 12:04:40

mkdev

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for looking into this. Please let me know if you need any more info:

1. please see: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8275664
2,3. this terminal output should help: https://ibb.co/0rrgzBf
4. blank report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1w529xgzeq36 … k.rpt?dl=0
arial report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t5y8sclktlzf … t.rpt?dl=0
https://ibb.co/NWwk43Y
https://ibb.co/Lt87ThV
https://ibb.co/bm95fGS

Mike

#43 2023-02-14 12:36:03

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Mike,

thanks for the files. Fyi, we raised ticket RS-6980 for looking into this.

can you pls add a script to ReportServer fonts.groovy:

import java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment
tout.println GraphicsEnvironment.localGraphicsEnvironment.availableFontFamilyNames

then run it with "exec fonts.groovy" and copy the output here? it is similar as your FontTest.java, but it is run in the ReportServer's context.

If I understand you correctly, your "Arial" font is already installed in your system, but the Arial report throws this exception, correct?

Regards,
Eduardo

#44 2023-02-14 12:46:19

mkdev

Eduardo, yes you are correct: arial is installed in the system but the report using arial throws the exception. the same is the case for other fonts as well.

here is the output you requested:

reportserver$ exec fonts.groovy
[Andale Mono, Arial, Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Courier New, DejaVu Math TeX Gyre, DejaVu Sans, DejaVu Sans Condensed, DejaVu Sans Light, DejaVu Sans Mono, DejaVu Serif, DejaVu Serif Condensed, Dialog, DialogInput, Georgia, Impact, Liberation Mono, Liberation Sans, Liberation Sans Narrow, Liberation Serif, Monospaced, SansSerif, Serif, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Webdings]

Mike

#45 2023-02-15 13:36:58

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Mike,

in our tests, your reports both work out-of-the-box, but we just tested with a Mac until now, so this should be different from a debian-based system of course.

Some points:
1. https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8275664:

Usually, it's possible to install font files to a system-wide location or a per-user location.

, and https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie … DK-8191522:

Oracle JDK no longer ships any fonts and relies entirely on fonts installed on the operating system.

, so you have to make sure the fonts are correctly installed in your operating system.
Can you pls check this with the "fc-list" command? https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/quickly- … fonts.html

If the fonts are installed correctly in the OS, then it should work, but I am not sure if these are installed correctly into the OS, the above command may help. Can you pls post its output here?

2. https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8275664

Alternatively, you can use GraphicsEnvironment.registerFont method to register a font with the Java 2D Graphics Environment. An excerpt from the documentation:
“After calling this method … , it [the font] is available to be used in constructing new Fonts by name or family name, and is enumerated by getAvailableFontFamilyNames() and getAllFonts() within the execution context of this application or applet.”

Can you pls try this in a groovy script in ReportServer? Something similar as the script above:

import java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment
tout.println GraphicsEnvironment.localGraphicsEnvironment.availableFontFamilyNames

but registering the font with registerFont(Font font)
I am not sure if 2. is necessary, as tout.println GraphicsEnvironment.localGraphicsEnvironment.availableFontFamilyNames already prints Arial.

Regards,
Eduardo

#46 2023-02-15 13:41:03

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Mike,

I just found the following:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/616 … or-eclipse

Just in case someone else is running into the same problem here.

Problem is: Newer JDK versions are not shipped with a lib/fonts folder which the Crystal Report engine expects.

A somewhat unsatisfying, but working solution is:

Create a fonts folder -> %JAVA_HOME%/lib/fonts
Copy fonts from 'Windows\Fonts' into %JAVA_HOME%/lib/fonts.
Problem should be solved then.

have got the same issue, copying the jre/lib/fonts folder from Java8 to Java 11 -jdk/lib/fonts solved the issue.

can you pls also try this and confirm if it works?

Regards,
Eduardo

#47 2023-02-15 14:38:00

mkdev

Eduardo, your last comment fixed it. i copied the arial fonts directly to $JAVA_HOME/lib/fonts/ and the report runs just fine. i had previously symlinked the msttcorefonts folder to that location but apparently that was not good enough.

Thanks for digging in to find a solution!

Mike

#48 2023-02-15 15:52:32

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Mike,

thanks for confirming. We will include this information in the documentation.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer