#1 2019-08-09 09:37:24

Patryx

Erros in translation in version 3.0.8

Hi,
I have few questions about translation in version 3.0.8:

1) Why there is a gap between name of export button and the word "Export" only if I choose language different than english?
For example in English: "EXCEL-Export"
In Polish: "EXCEL -Eksport"  smile

2) There is a lot of strange translations into my language. We will correct step by step some of them in 'translation-template.xlsx' and in future we will send you the file.
Meanwhile can you tell me or give me a script how can I force Report Server to load my corrected 'translation-template.xlsx' each startup? I know how to do it in Terminal windows but I need a script to put it into onstartup.d folder.
We cannot wait for next version each time we correct the translation smile

3) Unfortunately there are still not translated elements especially in Pivot mode (in English all the time). I don't have screens. Some of them where ins popup windows in pivot mode.

Regards,
Patryk

#2 2019-08-09 09:54:43

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Erros in translation in version 3.0.8

Hi Patryx,

1) We will check why, but I think this is not a very urgent issue or? smile

2) Where do you see the "strange" translations ? In pivot mode or in the whole reportserver? I ask because I would expect them in pivot mode, since these were made with the help of google translate.
Anyway, it is not currently possible to load the translation-template-xlsx on each startup: https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/tutorial-i18n/

"Translations loaded via this method are not permanent. That is, if you restart the server the default translations are loaded. To be honest this isn’t entirely accidental – we want to encourage you to share your translations with all users of ReportServer. So if you created a new language version, or improved an existing one, send us your excel spreadsheet and we will include it into the official build. If you send us translations please include a short statement, that you provide the translation under a creative commons zero (CC0 – http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) license. There are some few labels, for which the translation does not show up when loaded via this method. It’s really just a few, but don’t be surprised, if that happens."

When you send us the translation-template.xlsx file, please mark the translations that you have changed, e.g. with a different color. So we can easily identify the strings to change.

3) I suppose you mean the buttons and the (All) text, or do you have more? Please send them as screenshots.  For the buttons and the (All) text we have a different ticket, since they were not translatable without taking into account more aspects.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2019-08-09 11:02:48

Patryx

Hi,
1) Indeed, it is not so important but it looks strange smile
2) Yes,
-> in PIVOT MODE - there is a lot, some of them are important for us because our client usually want to use report server in Polish.
-> in some places in Report Server admin page (for example the most strange: 'Report metadata' should be in Polish 'Metadane raportu' and now it is "Reportuj metadane" which is a verb and it means 'to do a report of metadata' big_smile) - this one it's not so important but much more in PIVOT MODE.
I know the quote but really do we have to wait next few months for new version to have corrected template?
3) As you mentioned "All" but also other places, for example: window button names in popup windows when you click button 'Add' next to 'Measures' etc. or "Grand total".
There is also another error quite important. There is a mechanism which for column, let's say, "ABC" do sth like "All ABBCs" so not only put "All" which is not translated but add automatically "s" as suffix to the column name. It's strange for other language than English and it looks awful in report hmm

I am sorry but I don't have enought time now to do each time screenshots because of deadlines.
It's easy to find where there is no translation by your team. Ask your QAs to change language to different than English and do 'clicks' in PIVOT MODE - they will notice non-translated names or errors with "s" at the end very easy.

Best regards,
Patryk

#4 2019-08-09 11:54:13

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Patryx,

regarding 2) as soon as you send us the translation template we will include it in the next version. We make a release at the latest 2-3 months after the previous release. So if you need the corrected translations to be included in the next reportserver version, please send us these soon. Remember to mark the changes with a different color.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer