#1 2018-06-15 13:13:27

edconsi

I want to connect with SQL but i can not!!

Good Morning.
I'm new to reportserver. I already install the windows version and when I want to add a new datasource (sql in my pc) I can not do it.
Always return the same error "Could not open connection to: null with user: myUser.java.lang.NullPointerException"
I was already looking at some blog on the internet, I downloaded the file "sqljdbc42.jar" and I copied it in the folder "C: \ Bitnami \ reportserverenterprise-3.0.3-2 \ apache-tomcat \ webapps \ reportserver \ WEB-INF \ lib "
I tried the following url:
jdbc: sqlserver: //; servername = MyServer \ MyInstance; database = MyDB
jdbc: sqlserver: // localhost; user = MyUser; password = myPass;
jdbc: sqlserver: // MiIP; databaseName = MyDB
jdbc: sqlserver: // MiIP: MyPort; databaseName = permissionsba2

I do not know what to do to connect. I would appreciate some comments to solve this problem and start using the tool.
greetings and thanks

#2 2018-06-15 13:24:21

jalbrecht
Administrator

Re: I want to connect with SQL but i can not!!

Hi edconsi,

did you by chance forget to copy the jdbc drivers to the lib directory ?  We cannot integrate them in our distribution due to the license under which you can user them. Pls. Check :

https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … a-Sources/ (->4.1)
https://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic.php?id=968 or
https://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic.php?id=630

and let me know if this is a fix ...

wbr jan

#3 2018-06-15 14:05:07

edconsi

thanks for your answer. I tell you that I copied the "sqljdbc42.jar" files to the lib directory. What's more, I have it in 2 directories:
C: \ Bitnami \ reportserverenterprise-3.0.3-2 \ apache-tomcat \ webapps \ reportserver \ WEB-INF \ lib
C: \ Bitnami \ reportserverenterprise-3.0.3-2 \ apps \ reportserver \ reportserver-conf \ lib
it's OK?

Any more files I have to add?

#4 2018-06-15 14:11:34

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hello edconsi,

please post a screenshot of your datasource configuration. The url should be:  jdbc:sqlserver://IP;databaseName=DBNAME
Also post the complete error stack you are getting from the tomcat logs.

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2018-06-15 14:12:54

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi edconsi,

also make sure you save your datasource before pressing the "test connection" button.

Regards,
Eduardo

#6 2018-06-15 14:21:55

edconsi

Eduardo!!!

Thank you very much for your answer, it seems a lie, but it was that, it had to be applied before testing the connection. thank you very much
Surely I will continue consulting them as I start with my project, which is to create a dashboard.

Board footer